Web Dev, App Dev, ML/AI
Who am I?
Hi! I'm a sophomore in high school and a full stack web developer that lives in San Ramon currently! I love to help people learn to program and code through a Hack Club hosted at my high school, DVHS! I love math, science, and building stuff with other people!
What have I done? 🙌
A few cool things that I've organized and gone to throughout the years:
- Was one of the head tech organizers for Summer of Making, where students from across the world created amazing projects, and we recieved 50K in funding from GitHub to spread the love of hardware to many people, during the pandemic. It started with me and a few of my friends, but eventually grew to the entire Hack Club community, where we started to host AMA's, display art, and so many cool things. Overall, we sent hardware to 129 countries and helped teens across the world start their journey as makers.
- Organized AngelHacks LA as a Director of Tech (A great experience overall, check it out on my notebook!), and many more including DVHacks, Hack the New Year, Code Day Bay Area, and Hack the Fog!
- Attended Flagship Summit, a youth leadership conference where I got to learn more about teaching people, organizing hackathons, and gaining sponsors! I also met cool people that helped me a lot like @lachlanjc, @zrl, and @mojombo. Read more in my notebook!
- I went to the national debate tournament in Public Forum in Dallas TX! It was a great experience where I learned a lot about the topic and met many different people!
- I had the wonderful opportunity to win 1st place in my local science fair, and 2nd place statewide for an app that used machine learning to classify waste into recycling, trash, and compost! It was a great experience where I learned more about app development and machine learning! You can check the cool code over at the github and the actual app over on the app store!
- At Next19 was the real realization, that even though I was a kid, I can still do things to affect people, and that shouldn't hold me back. This is when Google reached out and offered me a free pass to a Google conference in San Fransisco. This exploded my mind, because I was just tinkering and home, and the fact that this big huge dream company of mine had asked me to attend was unreal. When I got there, I was so nervous, but I ended up making a lot of friends, and learned a lot about ML that would help me with my science fair!
This is going to be pretty long, so I'll link to it here!
Contact Me! ✉️
If you're interested in talking and you're an interesting person, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or hit me up at my slack handle at @neelr!